We were unable to send the item.
The Arkansas Department of Parks, Heritage and Tourism awarded $25,000 in grants to historic properties and museums across the state.
Funded by the one-eighth-cent conservation levy, the awards are designed to help small history museums, historical societies, historic homes and sites, and military museums promote education, awareness, and enjoyment. of Arkansas history.
The beneficiaries, who each received $2,500, were:
- Calico Rock Community Foundation Inc., for operating expenses of the Calico Rock Museum.
- Cross County Historical Society, for the improvement of the museum.
- Dermott Historical Museum Inc., for the improvement of the museum.
- Five Rivers Historic Preservation Inc., for the 2022 Randolph County Heritage Museum utilities.
- Hardy History Association, for its “Oral Histories and Living Legacies” project.
- Hot Spring County/Arkansas Historical Society, for operating expenses and utilities.
- Hot Spring County Museum, for operating expenses and museum improvements and utilities.
Lonoke County Museum, for operating expenses.
- Newton County Historical Society, for the 2022 Bradley House Museum utilities.
- Saunders Memorial Museum, for its sustainability efforts.
Eligible organizations must have an annual operating budget of $250,000 or less; must have a staff of at least one person, paid or volunteer; and must be open to the public at least 90 days a year.
Eligible activities include building and grounds maintenance, operating costs, equipment purchases up to $1,000, acquisition of artifact collections, educational programs, research, exhibits and website design and maintenance. The maximum grant is $2,500.