Salary: £28,500 per year
Full time, permanent
Greenwich Royal Museums (RMG) illustrate for all the importance of the sea, ships, time and stars. Comprising the National Maritime Museum, Royal Observatory Greenwich, Queen’s House and Cutty Sark, RMG cares for some of the UK’s most important artistic, scientific and historical collections, as well as historically significant buildings and ships. . Welcoming over 2.5 million visitors a year, we are one of the UK’s top 10 tourist attractions, attracting audiences from around the world to experience everything from Nelson’s Trafalgar uniform to an art collection world-class, through the Meridian line.
The development team secures vital income through donations, grants and sponsorships to ensure the Royal Museums Greenwich can achieve its goals. Led by the Head of Development, the 10-person team is made up of specialists in individual giving, trusts and statutory grants, and corporate partnerships.
the Sponsors Manager plays a key role in raising philanthropic revenue, including unrestricted, and supports RMG’s most important projects. This role also provides the highest standards of donor management with the aim of generating renewed support and attracting new donors. It is inevitable that the prospecting and cultivation process may lead to philanthropic support by an individual without them becoming a patron and to that extent this role must have an understanding of the wider range of individual giving opportunities and to be able to help the individual support RMG in a way that is most appropriate for the individual.
Qualifications and experience:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrable experience in office administration in a team environment.
- Demonstrable experience working in a fundraising environment.
- Event management experience.
- Experience writing material for public consumption.
- High level of computer literacy with good keyboarding skills and good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Good working knowledge of a database system.
- Excellent organizational skills with experience managing a number of tasks simultaneously and with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to resolve issues with confidence and diplomacy when appropriate.
- Ability to work well in a busy and cohesive team, but able to show initiative when required.
- Motivated and reliable team player.
- Determined and able to achieve goals.
- People management skills.
- An understanding and appreciation of the value of arts and heritage.
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge.
The incumbent will work a 36 hour week, basic hours 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday with an additional hour to work in agreement with the hierarchy.
To apply, please complete an online application form:
Closing date: 11:59 p.m., February 20, 2022
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our work at the Royal Museums Greenwich, as we are a museum for everyone. We want to foster a spirit of inclusion, collaborative work, innovation and valuing people as individuals whose lives have been shaped by different experiences. That’s why we welcome applications from everyone. We are also actively working with the Disability Trust Program and ask that you let us know if there are any adjustments you need during the interview process.