In keeping with the best traditions of the series, world of warships will offer a simple interface, easy-to-use controls, and a common economy system that will allow players to distribute resources between all three games for ultimate progression in all of them.
The wide assortment of warships available will provide various tactical opportunities, as all machines have a unique combination of firepower, speed, armor and endurance.
Various naval maps with changing weather conditions will enrich the gameplay, and the realistic graphics will transport players into the epic battles that changed the course of human history.
Wargaming has released details of its Longest Night in Museums initiative, designed to raise awareness and support naval museums around the world.
As of May 18, 2022, world of warships will publish one museum showcase article per week, providing an overview of each museum’s naval history. Museum curators will bring their museums to life in these articles providing fascinating information, assets and historical details for their respective museums.
world of warships has hidden characters in the articles to encourage readers to read all the stories and discover the special bonus code. The first person to crack the code will win a five-day, all-expenses-paid trip for two to one of the naval museums featured in the articles.
These articles will also contain embedded video footage from last year’s Longest Night of Museums event, which drew more than 1.4 million people on a virtual tour of the more than 15 naval museums around the world that took place. participated via Twitch and YouTube.
With the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, museums have been hit extremely hard over the past two years. Beyond the financial impact, many lack their own digital platforms to share their exhibits and have the desired impact on the remote world. Therefore, Wargaming, the developer of the world’s most historically accurate battleship video game world of warshipscontinues to support these museums and bring them to a wider audience.
The event was publicly celebrated by the world of warships community, which has more than 50 million players, and museums at last year’s event hailed the impact it had on their organizations:
“Participating in the longest international night of museums was a great experience for us. We were able to communicate directly with people from all over the world, many of whom probably had never heard of us before,” said Johannes Olsson, Museum Educator, Maritiman, Gothenburg, Sweden. “At the same time, we got some interesting insights from some of the partner museums around the world, many of which we would love to have the opportunity to visit in person. We look forward to participating in the event this year as well.
“Museums’ Longest Night is an incredible tribute to the bravery of men and women throughout history whose heroic actions in battle have shaped the world we live in today,” said Elissa Lines, Executive Director of the Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum. “We are proud to tell the story of Pearl Harbor in this new and innovative way.”
- PLAY FOR FREE: World of Warships is the ultimate free-to-play MMO action game that offers equal access to all game features.
- HISTORIC SHIPS: Over 300 historic ships from WWI and WWII such as Iowa, Bismarck and Yamato are at your disposal in World of Warships.
- EPIC NAVAL COMBAT: Experience naval combat like never before! Lay waste with the big guns of the battleships, sneak with the destroyers, bombard with the cruisers or attack with the squadrons of the aircraft carriers. Strategize, then strike!
- PLAY SOLO OR BRING FRIENDS: Dive into a random skirmish for a quick PvP showdown, or team up with friends for a challenging PvE storyline battle, or put your skills to the test in Ranked Battles!
- UPGRADE AND CUSTOMIZE: Expand your fleet with a multitude of captain customization options: various ship modules and upgrades, camouflages, flags, and more.
- RECRUIT COMMANDERS: Recruit historical commanders such as William F. Halsey Jr., Nikolai Kuznetsov, Yamamoto Isoroku, and others. Use their inherent skills with your favorite ship to improve your crew’s performance and the ship’s survivability.
world of warships is currently available on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One.
More articles on world of warships